[THIN] OT:Lexmark eForms printing in Citrix

  • From: "Rob Slayden" <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Nov 2005 16:27:34 -0800

I have a "slightly" off-topic question to throw out to the list. We are
looking at deploying (piloting first) a Lexmark eforms printing solution
whereby the citrix user sends a print job to the IP networked printer at
the club and the Lexmark eforms print server intercepts the data stream,
extracts the required data (e.g., FN, LN, ADDR, CITY, STATE, etc.), and
places it appropriately in a "form" and sends this to the printer at the
club. It would give us quicker turnaround time on state-specific
contract changes which currently require the order, printing, and
delivery of an "updated" set of forms, with the associated waste
thereof. However, it does mean that we will be sending more print data
to the printer as we will be sending the back of the contract to print,
which is currently on a pre-printed form. Lexmark assures us that their
eForms print server will compress the data that is sent to the printer
so the change will be negligible if not less than currently being sent.

Has anyone had any experience, good or bad, with this system in
particular or this type of technology? I don't have any technical
details yet but we have a technical meeting scheduled in a couple of
days. Any feedback anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Rob Slayden <><
Citrix Systems Engineer
24 Hour Fitness, Inc.