[THIN] OT: external printservers-which one?

  • From: "Pavlo Ignatusha" <pignatusha@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin. Org (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 08:34:54 -0400

Hi Group,
we use Intel NetportExpress external printservers in our network. They seem
to work pretty good. Now our supplier says they can not get them any more
and offer us replacements like HP JetDirect, GVC and Linksys. Anyone out
there uses these printservers (GVC and Linksys) to connect non-network
printers to the network? HP looks overpriced and I did not have a chance to
try others.

Thanks,

Pavlo Ignatusha
Systems and Network Coordinator
Pembroke General Hospital
Tel. (613) 732-3675 ext.6150
Fax. (613) 732-9986
www.pemgenhos.org

"All that matters is love and work" - Sigmund Freud.

-- Type: application/ms-tnef
-- File: winmail.dat

This Week's Sponsor - Appsense Technologies
New! AppSense Optimizer is a new product from AppSense
designed to increase the user capacity of your servers.
http://www.appsense.com/