[THIN] Re: OT: changing print server

  • From: "Steve Snyder" <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 09:06:53 +1200

we just did the same thing - here's a vbs script written by our crack script
kiddie

On Error Resume Next

Dim objWMIService, objNetwork

Dim colItems

Dim strComputer, strNewServer

Set objNetwork = WScript.CreateObject("WScript.Network")

strComputer = "."

strNewServer = "Your_New_Print_Server_Name_Here"

Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:\\" & strComputer & "\root\cimv2")

Set colItems = objWMIService.ExecQuery("Select * from Win32_Printer",,48)

For Each objItem in colItems

     If lcase(objItem.ServerName) =
"*\\y*our_old_print_server_name_here<file://your_old_print_server_name_here/>"
then

          objNetwork.RemovePrinterConnection objItem.ServerName & "\" &
objItem.ShareName, true, true

          objNetwork.AddWindowsPrinterConnection "\\" & strNewServer & "\" &
objItem.Sharename

     End If

Next