[THIN] Re: OT: changing print server

  • From: "Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55" <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 16:16:13 -0400

I've already got the new print server (server2) with all printers installed.
However, the users out there are still referencing

printer1 on server1

I'd like all the printers to reference server2.

I can tell the users to delete all the printers and add the new ones, but I was
hoping there would be an automatic way of doing this.  Does Print Migration do
this?

Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55

From: Minero, Hector B CIV NSWCDD, K55 <hector.minero@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] OT: changing print server
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thursday, 11 September, 2008, 8:41 PM

Hi all,
I need to change move our Print server to another server (from server1 to
server2).
All our Windows XP clients are configured to go to server1.  Is the a way to
automatically update their printers to go to server2? Update their printers?

Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55