[THIN] Re: OT: Looking for links to NAS chassis (no HDDs included)

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2006 16:52:26 -0400

Thanks.  Very similar to the Thecus boxes, but they seem to use a
beefier RISC processor.  TomsHardware even has a review on two of them
which seems very favorable. Price is in the same $500-600 range for the
X6 and 600.  NV

I may have to revice my thought and look at something like the Buffalo
TeraStation/TeraStation Pro RAID5 which come iwth HDDs. for 700-800 I
can get either model with 1 TB of storage.  It will cost me at least
that to get my own chassis and put drives in it.  The TeraStations are
cheaper then I thought after my discounts.