[THIN] Re: OT: GPO policy

  • From: "Mack, Rick" <RMack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Apr 2003 07:22:43 +1000

Hi Jim,

Deleting the profile using the System applet does a few other things. First
it checks to see if the profile is being used. Then if you delete the
profile, it also deletes the appropriate SID entry under
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Profilelist.

On controlling the properties tab, I haven't done this but it looks like a
number of different DLLs are used (try running "control sysdm.cpl" with
filemon and regmon running). There's no reason at all why you couldn't use a
tool like reshacker to modify the appropriate DLL to remove some
functionality. Then have 2 copies of the DLL in the search path, a crippled
one for plebs, and a fully functional one for the "real" admiinstrator.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack
rmack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx