[THIN] Re: OT: Exchange - bringing e-mail in-house

  • From: Philip Walley <mythinlist@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 14:12:46 -0600

You'd want to change the MX and the A records I believe, but yeah, that and making sure that you have a public IP on your outside nat'd to the correct internal with port 25 open. Bingo! it works. You do need to make sure that the recipient policy is setup for your external email address. Exchange 2003 needs that to ensure that it will route it correctly.

Jeff Pitsch wrote:

Maybe this is my ignorance but isn't it a simple change of the MX record and making sure the proper port and IP is NAT'd through the firewall to the server.
Jeff Pitsch

On 11/29/05, *Mark Mucher* <mmucher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:mmucher@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Sorry for the OT, but I couldn't think of a better group to steer
me in the right direction.
We have Exchange 2003 on Server 2003 with internal e-mail and
calendaring, etc. enabled.
The task now is to bring the external e-mail (now hosted by and
ISP with our domain name) in-house.
I'm looking for a white paper, tutorial, etc. that will cover all
the steps including routing the public IP to the Exchange server.
Thanks in advance for any and all suggestions.
Mark