[THIN] Re: OT: Dell PowerEdge NIC's

  • From: "Scott" <sreichardt@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 16:33:18 -0600

I know.  That's why I orignally wanted to set it to the actual network
speed and duplex.  But it didn't want to work that way.  Who knows.

> I had problems until I put the speed and duplex to auto.  No
> other setting would work.
>
> Scott

Interesting. "Auto" is usually the setting that results in the MOST
trouble.

On this note, make sure if you ARE using auto, my advice is to force
speed and duplex settings on both the server NIC and on the switch on
the other end. If you have done this, then you might try going to AUTO
on both instead.