[THIN] Re: OT: Backup software survey

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 17:11:37 -0400

I've used ArcServe and Backup Exec (the versions previous to the most
current) at previous job.  We use Commvault Galaxy here and I am very
impressed with it.  The software is very powerful (more so then what
I've ever seen with ArcServe and Backup Exec).  In particular I am
impressed with the Exchange client and it's ability to backup an entire
store, mailbox, or single items in a mailbox, flawlessly, every time
we've done it.  (only did the store in testing, but the other 2
frequently).

I also use Dantz Retrospect on small servers and it works well, but I
dislike how you setup backup sets.