[THIN] Re: (No Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 14:57:36 -0400

  • From: Brian Murphy <brian_murphy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Citrix recommends SP2 build then FR2 because SP3 for Windows was released
before FR2 for Citrix.  They produced a work-around for this be creating a
custom transform file that you could download from their website and invoke
an install using the Windows Installer Service.  (Ref: Document
ID:CTX101899)

I would assume this issue was fixed in the new build for FR3 being it was a
known issue in FR2 and released after SP3 for Windows.  Also, if you
received the media I would download the latest build from their site (toss
the media) because they updated it to address some issues related to
Published Applications in a folder structure and other issues.

For more info on this reference Citrix KB Article
MetaFrame XP Presentation Server, Feature Release 3 / Service Pack 3 Install
Issues

In other words, certain media that was sent out initially will hose your
PA's if you had them organized into Folders as the user logged into NFUSE
Portal.  Don't remember the exact details but I know the FR3 zip via the
Citrix website is the most recent set of files.

Don't remember the original KB article that addressed this but it's out
there.

Hope this helps.