[THIN] Application Compatibility

  • From: "Henske, Jennifer" <Jennifer.Henske@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2003 13:55:42 -0500

I have looked through Citrix's (FR3 version) and MS's application
compatibility docs and it seems to me that they focus on applications that
are a few years old and the list isn't really that inclusive.  Does this
mean that newer versions of those apps no longer have issues?  Or does it
mean that the testing hasn't been published?   Has someone gathered all this
information somewhere?  Google gave me a few additional "How to" docs on
compatibility scripting, but not much else out there.

We are consolidating our TS boxes to a metaframe farm and I have 50 or so
apps (about half were packaged for the desktop) that I need to validate.
Would like to know as much about the app before we get into testing our SMS
packages on MF.  We have some tricky apps like Oracle clients (different
versions), crystal reports and Fsecure.

Does anyone have a process/checklist on what EXACTLY to look for to make
sure new apps will function properly?  I'm looking for additional "gotchas",
like reg settings in local machine, ini files installed into /program files,
etc.

Also, what is the best practice on which apps to install together?  We
already have 3 or 4 versions of Mdac and a ton of ODBC drivers that are
required.

Thanks!

Jennifer Henske
Windows Architecture
A.G. Edwards Technology Group

WARNING:  All e-mail sent to and from this address will be received or
someone other than the recipient.