[THIN] Million dollar printer question for Citrix/TS

  • From: "Steve Parr" <steveparr6@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2005 14:30:00 -0500

The new company I am working for is lookiing to me for leadership on recommending new printer models for the purpose of Citrix compatibilty.
At my previous job Laserjet 4050 and entire LJ 4 and LJ 5 family proved to be super with Citrix.
After researching the past few days and going thru some whitepapers put out by both HP and Citrix over the last few years I have come up with the following models that seem to have recieved enough testing by HP to say they feel they can endorse these models. I will list some models which seem to get repeated mention as having tested reliably for both Citrix and TS. The lists for both are similar but not identical but I am trying to recommend models which seem to get repeated testing on both Citrix and TS. I know in their whitepapers HP says that although they are testing only certain models the results indicate a broader range of compatibility as the drivers and printing technology is shared by other models not per se mentioned or tested for the purpose of the whitepaper. I cannot help but think that HP just may be putting their "best foot forward" so to speak when they list models they claim have tested well with Citrix/TS. Feel free to make comments if you have had experience which is either negative or positive. Also if you feel I have missed listing an HP model that you have found to be super reliable please let me know. I apologize in advance if I am contravening some kind of rule for discussion of vendor preference.
I am just trying to get the best for the Citrix environment in order to proactively limit issues in the future and is why I call it the million dollar question. The list:

LJ 1200, LJ 2200, LJ 4000, LJ 4 group, LJ 5 group, LJ 6 group, LJ 4050, LJ 4500, LJ 5000, LJ 8000, LJ 8100.

This Weeks Sponsor: RTO Software TScale
TScale provides a cost-effective way to improve performance, capacity and stability for thin-client servers like Citrix MetaFrame or Microsoft Terminal Services running Windows NT, 2000 or 2003.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=296
********************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at:
http://www.thinwiki.com