[THIN] Re: Migration to XPe Question

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 07:58:55 -0700

In my experience, yes, they do get copied back up.  I say this because it
happened on my system.  I ended up using a policy to just delete them.  One
thing you really want to watch out for is if you roam from an NT
workstation (not domain) to w2k and back.  NT and W2K profiles are
incompatible.  You will eventually have problems.  You can either use a
policiy or modify the registry to exclude the Temp Internet directory.

                      "Steve

                      Raffensberger"           To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      <sraffens1@verizo        cc:

                      n.net>                   Subject:  [THIN] Re: Migration
to XPe Question
                      Sent by:

                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      10/15/2003 07:53

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

I don't believe they do, out of the box. There are policy settings that can
govern exactly what will and won't be saved. By default, I believe
temporary
internet profiles are not copied to the roaming profile. In W2K, I believe
the GPO can even be configured to remove them from the cached copy.

Raff