[THIN] Re: Migrating to W2K3 License database

  • From: "Mark CALLEJA" <Mark.CALLEJA@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:51:27 +0800

Cherie

We are looking at the same issue.  If you find a solution please let me
know.  One caveat that we have found in our investigation is the
manually setting of the lic server is a must.  This in our environment
is a problem with new users who do not have a TS lic on their
workstation.

Regards
Mk

Mark Calleja
Coordinator Network Systems
Network Systems
Dept Housing and Works
(08) 9222 4941
mark.calleja@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

"There are only 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand
binary, and those who don't"

>>> cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx 20/09/2004 10:58:18 >>>

Hi List

I am looking at migrating our Windows 2000 License database to W2K3 in
preparation for the new W2K3 tse servers.

However all the documentation I have found only refers to upgrading the
Windows 2000 server that has the Licensing service on it to Windows W2K3
and then reactivating the license server.

I was hoping to be able to migrate the database to a W2K3 server etc.
We can't upgrade the OS on the existing W2K server.

Does anyone know if it is possible and how to migrate Tse Licensing DB
from W2K server to a W2K3 server?

At the moment my plan is

1. Build new server as Windows 2000.
2. Migrate database to new server.
3. Upgrade OS to Windows 2003
etc...

Thanks

Cherie

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps
running on unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and
application performance problems? Join us and learn how you can have a
less demanding on-demand enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register

2004 is the Year of the Built Environment
For more information, please go to www.builtenvironment2004.wa.gov.au