[THIN] Migrating to W2K3 License database

  • From: "cherie.watts" <cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 12:58:18 +1000

Hi List

I am looking at migrating our Windows 2000 License database to W2K3 in
preparation for the new W2K3 tse servers.

However all the documentation I have found only refers to upgrading the Windows
2000 server that has the Licensing service on it to Windows W2K3 and then
reactivating the license server.

I was hoping to be able to migrate the database to a W2K3 server etc.
We can't upgrade the OS on the existing W2K server.

Does anyone know if it is possible and how to migrate Tse Licensing DB from W2K
server to a W2K3 server?

At the moment my plan is

1. Build new server as Windows 2000.
2. Migrate database to new server.
3. Upgrade OS to Windows 2003
etc...

Thanks

Cherie

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register