[THIN] Massive HELP! - Policy redirection

  • From: "Bravard, Paul" <PBravard@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 1 Nov 2002 12:59:31 -0500

I had a remote site that doesn't update its policy.

Here's what happened.  I was on vacation, the dc server crashed, the backup
admin built a server sent it to the remote site and got everyone running.
The new server dc is named diferently, ex. old name: server01 - new name:
server1.  Now none is my global policies pertaining to folder redirections
will update to the new server name.  When I returned I edited the Global
Policy to redirect to the new machine name for that site.  SECEDIT doesn't
force the policy change on the locally machine (thin or thick). Very weird.

Anyone have a idea or two...

I am going to try M$ Q278472 next - ideas?

Thanks,

Paul