[THIN] Re: MF and SP4

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 9 Sep 2003 12:48:41 -0700

Thanks for the info.  I've been following the "SP4 follies.", but am being
told that it is the fix for the problem I am experiencing.  If I could get
it in a hotfix, I would.

We decided against SUS and HFNet... Pro due to product limitations, ease of
use, etc.  We're taking a close look at Ecora.  So far, so good.

adam

                      Brian Murphy

                      <brian_murphy@gma        To:       "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'"
<thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                      cm.com>                  cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Re: MF and SP4

                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      09/09/2003 11:23

                      AM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Adam-
MS SP4 and Citrix SP3 FR3 do not play well together.  Stay away from this
combo and stick to Critical Updates only.

You can automate this by downloading the Microsoft SUS and approving all
the new Critical updates except for SP4.  Combine this with the Group
Policy settings for the client update on your server side and you have a
pretty decent and free update solution.

Another product to look at would be HFNETCheckPRO.  If you license the
"free" Lite version you can manage up to 50 servers for free.  This product
will allow you to setup custom scan templates and deployment templates that
can be automated via the Scheduler service.

Hope this helps.
Murphy