[THIN] Love that Lexmark T632N

  • From: jstrowe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2004 09:10:24 -400

Short summary: T632N
This is the Lexmark that I got ordered to make work on our system.  (Please
note the operative word ORDERED TO GET)

Now of course I STILL don't know whether I'll find a lexmark driver for Citrix,
but the good news is the HP 4000 driver does work. (whether I get duplexing or
not I don't know yet)

The below should be no surprise:

1. I can't get anything to load in the FLASH DIMM

I have drivers and can see the flash, but can't get my stuff.prn files, which
are pcl macros) to download into the FLASH without getting errors. (it says I'm
not downloading the correct overlays-which likely means I'm using the wrong
procedure)

2. No one (that is NO ONE) at Lexmark speaks English as their first language.
(I mean no ONE) I spent a wonderfully unproductive 2.5 hours on the phone with
a level one tech.  I practically begged to get bumped to Level 2 or 3 with no
help.

3. I find nothing helpful at Lexmarks web site.

4. The only tech support I got by email was wrong.

5. I have now hired an outside tech (who has more time than I do) to research
this and see if he can make it work.

I have now politely expressed my WONDERFUL EXPERIENCE about the Lexmark T632N
and my success on the largest Citrix group on the Internet.  HP owns the market
on printers for a REASON.  I have little to no trouble with the other 70 HP
PRINTERS THAT I HAVE ON THIS NETWORK.

Any constructive help would be nice.  Amusing sarcastic comments would also be
enjoyed.  For those of us in the states, it's a holiday weekend coming up (our
Independence day from the Brit's)

http://www.go-eol.com