[THIN] Logging on HDX Pro 1.1

  • From: Russell Robertson <russell@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 16:58:11 +0000

Hello everyone

We have a client who is using XenDesktop 4 and the HDX Pro Graphics extensions
and we are looking for some further support on the following from the HDX 3D
for Professional Graphics Version 1.1 Administrator's Guide;

Advanced Logging
HDX 3D Pro Graphics 1.1 comes with a logging system that is turned OFF by
default. This is to
ensure maximum performance during user sessions and logging is only meant to be
used during
situations that require detailed troubleshooting. You should contact Citrix
Technical Support before
enabling advanced logging functionality.
1. Log on to the HDX 3D Pro Graphics server and run the Admin Control Command
line
tool HDX3DCmdLineToolX86.exe/HDX3DCmdLineToolX64.exe from command
prompt. You can find this tool installed in %systemdrive%\Program
Files\Citrix\ICA
Service.
2. Start the command prompt and run this tool from the location:
%systemdrive%\Program
Files\Citrix\ICA Service.
3. Run Dbgview.exe.
4. This now displays a multitude of log messages for debugging. Contact Citrix
Technical
Support for more assistance.

Question is; where do we pick up said logs?

I know this should go to Citrix Tech Support, but have never paid (nor needed)
to call them and its frustrating that we'll have to do this just to get logging
working.

Cheers

Russell
Russell Robertson