[THIN] Xen Desktop and other VDi solutions

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 23:58:47 -0000

Hello there,

I have been asked to look at VDI solutions to compliment our XenApp Environment.
There are a number of solutions out there including XenDesktop.
I quite like XenDesktop and it is a natural compliment to our Xenapp
environment .... but i would like to see what other solutions other people may
have experience of.
We have around 10 000 users running the usual mixed bag of apps. CAD is there ,
but this isnt being considered for the VDI solution.

A buzzword that i keep reading about is "zero client". We have a number of Wyse
devices and Wyse do indeed provide their own Zero client.
I have also been reading up on other solutions Teradici and a company headed by
an Ex Wyse chappie .. Pano Logic .. although this looks like a smaller non
enterprise type of solution.
Does anyone have any comments on VDI solutions including the ones i have
mentioned ?

Thanks for your time

Matt