[THIN] Re: Locked down published desktop

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 19:08:02 -0600

Here is the deal. You have locked down a desktop. NOT the internet. If
you users are doing that you have two solutions (and neither have to do
with Citrix)

1- There has to be a corporate policy on internet usage.
2- Internet filtering. Via a simple proxy or more advanced software like
Surf Control.=20

Up to you. Creating a "locked down" desktops helps to secure the citrix
server, not internet use. Besides, to keep users from surfing you can
get the boos to get you some cool new software to play with.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
=20
RapidApp