[THIN] Local drives map but not visible - Can anyone help.....

  • From: Anthony_Abraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 9 Aug 2002 18:01:23 +1000

Hi

Sorry to push the point on this but Ive had no feedback and users are
starting to complain big time.  Here is the issue.  When users run File
Explorer or Lotus Notes, they are supposed to get their local client drives
mapped.  This is set in connection configuration and also in user manager.
I have also put in usrlogon.cmd a "net use c: \\client\c$"..  The drives
actually get mapped (I can see the net use commands being successful) but
the c: drive is not visible.  If I click Tools\Go To in File Explorer and
type c:, the c: drive becomes visible.  I have fudged File Explorer by
using the following syntax:

U:\WTSRV\PubExplorer.exe /n,/e,"c:\"

By using the start in c:\, this makes the local client c: drive visible.  I
cannot do this for Lotus Notes - I need to be able to find out why the
drive is not visible.  If I use Winfile.exe, all mappings are visible
straight away (I don't particularly wish to replace File Explorer with
Winfile).  We do run policies in our NT4 domain but nothing restricts drive
letters.  We may have restricted some letters in the past but we have
opened them all up (unsure if users reg keys are not being updated).  Does
anyone know what reg keys are responsible for making client drives visible
or have suggestions as to what may be causing this??.

Thanks
Anthony

PS - We are running WTS / Metaframe XPe 1.0

CAUTION - This message is intended for the addressee named above
It may contain privileged or confidential information. If you are not the
intended recipient of this message you must not use, copy, distribute or
disclose it to anyone other than the addressee. If you have received
this message in error please return the message to the sender by
replying to it and then delete the message from your computer.

Internet emails are not necessarily secure. Royal & SunAlliance does not
accept responsibility for changes made to this message after it was sent