[THIN] Load balancing bug

  • From: Rob Slayden <rslayden@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 11:55:54 -0700

Has anyone observed any anomalies with load balancing after pulling servers
for maintenance and then adding them back (unpublishing and re-publishing
apps)? I am currently implementing Acrobat Reader on all my MF servers and
occasionally when I re-publish the primary app, a server goes out to lunch
due to a massive number of connections. This morning's occurrence was 300+
users on a server which is even more bizarre because one of the load
evaluators is Server User Load with full load set At 150! Theoretically, a
user load above 150 should never occur but this server exceeded it by
double.

Seems like a disconnect between the server and the DS, which in this case is
a temporary local Access DS on the primary ZDC until I can migrate back to
SQL. I suspect this may not occur once I'm back on a SQL DS. Just wondering
if anyone had experienced similar issues.

Farm:
Windows 2003 Server
MF XP3 FR3/SP3
Dedicated ZDCs (2 zones)
32 Servers
2800 users+

Thanks!

Rob
24 Hour Fitness
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320