[THIN] Re: Load Balanced Nics

  • From: "Dirk Blose" <Dirk.Blose@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jul 2002 12:02:05 -0400

The issue seems to have currently resolved itself. We're going to try =
reconfiguring the NICS to have Transmit load balancing but not Receive. My =
Networking guys indicate that the receive load balancing which is a =
default of the load balanced team may be the problem. If that doesn't work =
we'll either go to both connections on the same switch or make the Adapter =
team a fault tolerant one instead of Load Balanced.

I'll post how it goes.

Dirk Blose, MCSE, CCA
Lead Technical Analyst
(919) 765-4791
dirk.blose@xxxxxxxxxx

>>> JeffR@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/30/02 10:52AM >>>

Your correct Greg, FEC cannot be implemented across multiple switches. And =
don't think your servers will act properly with two NICS attached to the
same network with IPs in the same subnet. You need to put the NICs on the
same switch and enable FEC on the switch and the server.

Jeff

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D
This weeks Sponsor:
triCerat, Inc