[THIN] Re: Last attempt at help before sending McAfeepacking...

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2004 16:52:47 +0000

probably not much help, but anyway :)

I've got 7.1 on one of our servers which is showing almost exactly the same=
 thing, except I can kill the process with task manager (nt4, mf1.8).=20

For me, its running from-
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

And the actual application is
n:\program files\network associates\common framework\updaterui.exe

But i've not looked into what happens when you remove this, as this is only=
 a "backup" server which is rarely ever used.. Our main TS still runs 4.5.1=
 and will until we upgrade to 2k3 :)

Andrew
--o--

This weeks sponsor Emergent Online.