[THIN] Re: Keyboard latency/Linux Neoware e140

  • From: "Matt Kosht" <matt.kosht@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2007 08:52:49 -0400

I think I found the culprits.  Processor queue length and pages/sec
performance counters are well out of recommended value range.  After
about 10 app users hit a server the PQL jumps to averages over 6.  The
pages/sec jump to an avg of over 50.  The silly part is that the CPU's
are not busy on average and there is over a 1GB of physical RAM free.
The ICA latency tracks the spike in PQL almost in parallel.
I am going to try running TScale on this server over the weekend to
maybe get the app to behave better.  Otherwise I guess I need a better
server (these are mere dual pIII/1.4 with 2GB running Windows 2000SP4)
but I am not confident they won't exhibit the same characteristics
with regards to memory and processor queue bottlenecking.  Is Windows
Server 2003R2 any better at handling this situation? Are the new dual
core Xeon CPU's better at corralling apps that don't try to use avail
CPU more effectively?