[THIN] Re: Is it ok to run sysprep with TS(Terminal Services) ins talled or will that cause issues?

  • From: Angus Macdonald <Angus.Macdonald@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2006 14:20:34 -0000

I ruined a W2K3 presentation server 3 server with Sysprep because it resets
remapped drive letters and nothing works afterwards. As long as you haven't
done any remapping, you should be OK.

MS recommend you don't use sysprep with remapped drives on W2K3. I use
hardware RAID mirroring, followed by applying NEWSID to the copy.