[THIN] Re: Internet Explorer Advise Please

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 12:01:09 -0400

"securing internet explorer"

it sounds even funnier if you say it out loud.

I try to turn off all the page transitions, animations, sounds and other =
garbage.  I set it to not check for updates or check if it is the =
default browser.

You still can't do this via policy, but through the registry, move the =
cache out of the user profile into something more common c:\temp.  I =
also move the users cookies and favorites out of the profile and to =
their home directory.  Speeds the profiles up.

Greg