[THIN] Re: Installation Manager vs. Cloning

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2006 11:08:20 +1000

Hi Tony,

I agree, IM is not a cost justification for the Citrix enterprise
product, and I could be really cruel and say that neither is RM etc.

Systrack is smarter than RM, Softgrid is better than AIE/IM, Appsense
Performance Manager is better than the OEMed (and reduced functionality)
Armtech and TScale. USB-it does PDA synchronisation better, ThinPrint
(Print-it, Simplify printing etc) are more stable than the Citrix print
manager. But at least Citrix have all their stuff bundled together, and
if they got off their backsides and improved what they've got it'd be
worth the extra money.

My comment was that if you happen to have enterprise already (and you
don't have Altiris), then I would recommend you have a serious thought
about making use of IM 'cause it's actually a pretty good product for
the Citrix environment.

Is Altiris better than IM and more widely applicable?

Absolutely!

But it's not a "free" add-on ;-)

regards,

Rick