[THIN] Re: I hate MSAM w/CSG rant

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 14:05:45 -0700

I'm running W2K3.  Application pool is whatever MSAM wants.  I notice that
it creates its own.

Can't see itself refers to port 80 connections.  I can ping to my hearts
content, but I use Internet Explorer to browse to either localhost or the
servername, it fails.  I've also tried to connect to 443.  I don't see any
other ports listed in IIS orany of the MSAM/CSG config utilities.

adam

                      "Chris Lynch"

                      <lynch00@xxxxxxx>        To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      Sent by:                 cc:

                      thin-bounce@freel        Subject:  [THIN] Re: I hate MSAM
w/CSG rant
                      ists.org

                      11/24/2004 12:52

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Well, that could be a start.

Keep in mind that the MSAM components are DCOM applications, as well
as ASP.NET 1.0 and J# (J# for some CDA's, and WI 3.0<).

Also, what OS are you running?  If it's Windows Server 2003, what
Application Pool are you using?  Custom?  What are the settings?

Also, you said "it can't see itself".  What do you mean?  You can't
ping it by it's machine name?  You can't use a web browser to connect
back to itself?  What happens when you ping LOCALHOST or 127.0.0.1?

Chris