[THIN] I hate MSAM w/CSG rant

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 11:08:58 -0700

Start of rant ----

I wish I could say this was a good product, but I can't.  I can't even get
the thing installed!!!!  I get the MSAM going, but when I go to setup the
CSG, it goes downhill.  Anyone ever read the docs?  Why does one doc point
to another, which then points back to the original?  I've even gone so far
as to use the examples in the docs.  No dice.  Systems can't seem to see
each other.  Dave Mishchenko pointed me to a tech article on Citrix's
website that literally says the following in the "Cause" section: "For some
reason..."  Sounds like a lot of troubleshooting went into that one.
Anyway, once I start messing with CSG, it messes up my MSAM.  Don't know
why.  Maybe it has something to do with certificates.  It trashes my
servers so bad that I can't even bring up the default web page of the
default web sites, even when the website/server is the local machine.
ARGH!!!

-- End of rant

Has anyone successfully installed the latest versions of MSAM and CSG from
scratch?  All the docs seem to assume that you have an older version and
want to upgrade.  I've followed all the onscreen instructions and the
instructions from the MSAM 2.2 supplemental guide.  It basically assumes
the same thing and has you install the older versions, configure them, and
then upgrade.  Not very elegant.

adam