[THIN] How to set Windows Terminal Server to use client MAC address

  • From: Boon Churn Jap <jbchurn@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2009 21:19:49 +0800

Hi,

My scenario is I have a few Windows XP PCs. Users use these PCs to connect
to Internet. When connecting to Internet, the traffic will go to a hardware
gateway controller and a login page is displayed to client browser for sign
in. Upon successful sign in, the gateway controller will allow the PC
connect to Internet. The controller done this by recognizing the mac address
of the PC who sign in.

I'm moving the above into MS Windows Terminal Services (using win server
2003) environment. However, whenever the PC remote desktop to the server and
use the browser to connect to Internet, the gateway controller will get the
mac address of the server itself instead of the PC that is remote
desktoping.

So, I wonder if there is anyway to configure the server to use the mac
address of the PC for further connection / traffic.

Thanks.