[THIN] How can I get a printer back?

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2004 08:48:22 -0700

All,

I have this one printer that disappears every now and then.  It's really a
PDF exporter.  I went to another MF server and copied the registry key in
the HKLM\System\Current...\Comtrol\Print\Printers so that the two servers
now match.  I've also verified that it exists under the
HKLM\System\Current...\Control\Print\Environments\Windows NT
X86\Drivers\Version-2 (yes, a kernel mode driver).   Going into Settings,
Printers and I don't see it.  Is there a way to get the system to finalize
the install?  What other keys must I copy over for it ti show up?  The OS
is W2K3 and kernel mode drivers are allowed.

adam

http://www.seamlessplanet.com