[THIN] Re: HP universal print drivers

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Dec 2010 10:30:32 -0500

*Not good. We have HP P2015 printers and had a tech installing the UPD
version of the driver. Just adding the upd name for the printer to the
Mappings and mapping to the P2015 pcl 5e driver I had on the server refused
to work. I'm not sure wy.   I had to map UPD printer name in Citrix to an HP
Laserjet 1320 PCL 5e to get them to print properly.  I agree the UPD sucks
and if Citrix doesn't recognize a client calling for a UPD printer of course
it assigns its own UPD to it which sounds pretty redundant to me and most
probably will cause some sort of confusion.
**Jim Kenzig
http://www.kenzig.com*

On Fri, Dec 3, 2010 at 9:06 AM, Jason Benway <benwayj@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>  It seems like HP is moving toward their universal print driver more and
> more for windows 7 and windows 2008.
>

> In our XenApp 5 enviroment we use network printers so I can’t use the
> citrix UPD.
>

> What is everyone’s experience with the HP universal print driver on XenApp
> 5 on windows 2003?
>

> Thanks,jb
>

> Jason Benway
> System/Storage Engineer
> www.jsjcorp.com
>
> [image: Description:
> C:\Users\benwayj\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Signatures\JSJ_Email_Sig.jpg]
>
> *JSJ* *Corporation
> *700 Robbins Road
> Grand Haven, MI 49417
>
> This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you
> are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the addressee,
> you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based on this message
> or any information herein. If you have received this message in error,
> please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this
> message. Thank you for your cooperation.

JPEG image