[THIN] HP Expands Thin Client Portfolio with New Products Featuring Advanced Security, Management and Low Price

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, Thinnews <thinnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2005 18:16:54 -0700 (PDT)

Guess I can finally release this since they have them listed on their site at:
http://h18004.www1.hp.com/products/thinclients/index_t5000.html
(Told ya Steve)

HP Expands Thin Client Portfolio with New Products Featuring Advanced Security,
Management and Low Price
The HP Compaq t5000 Thin Client series offers customers easy to buy, deploy and
manage thin clients with advanced security and reliability features, plus an
outstanding combination of price and performance.

The newest thin clients ? the HP Compaq t5125, HP Compaq t5520 and HP Compaq
t5525 ? provide customers with a choice of flexible, mainstream and advanced
features to support their varying needs. The new offerings include HP?s most
affordable thin client, the t5125, starting as low as US$239(2) to give
customers a simple and cost-effective solution for server-based computing.
HP Compaq thin clients allow customers to use the shared, pooled resources of
centralized servers and network storage, optimizing utilization and dynamically
allocating resources to clients as they log in to perform tasks. These
efficiencies deliver a streamlined, efficient client IT infrastructure. A thin
client deployment is typically 35 percent less expensive to buy, deploy and
manage than a PC, saving customers money year after year.(1)
HP?s thin clients provide:
   Simple, centralized management. All HP thin clients include a free license
for Altiris Deployment Solution, allowing customers to manage thin clients,
desktops, handhelds and numerous other devices from a single console.
   Reliability in a simple, sleek design. HP uses industry-standard designs and
technologies along with patented tests to help ensure high reliability. With no
moving parts, thin clients are designed for years of performance.
   Secure by design: IT can easily and quickly lock down data ports and user
access from a centralized management console, providing additional security.
Valuable user data and applications reside on remote, secure servers.

?We?ve seen tremendous customer demand for our thin clients, as evidenced by
the 70 percent growth rate for our business in 2004,? said Jeff Groudan, vice
president, commercial desktop marketing, Imaging and Personal Systems Group,
HP. ?Our newest thin clients include the advanced security, reliability and
performance capabilities customers expect from HP; and with the release of our
lowest cost thin client, we are continuing our commitment to help customers
increase their return on investment.?

HP Compaq t5125: a simple, reliable thin client solution at HP?s most
affordable price
Priced below $300,(2) the easy-to-use HP Compaq t5125 Thin Client is HP?s
lowest cost thin client. With the HP Connection Administrator providing a
simple-to-use interface for administrators and end-users alike, Citrix ICA
client, Rdesktop RDP and X-terminal, the t5125 delivers all the advantages of
server-based computing. The t5125 features 32 MB flash memory for drivers and
applications, 128 MB DDR system memory, and support for smartcards to enhance
the security of server-based computing environments.
HP Compaq t5520 and t5525: enhanced features for mainstream business use
The HP Compaq t5520 Thin Client with Microsoft Windows® CE 5.0 and HP Compaq
t5525 Thin Client with Linux deliver a great desktop experience for
task-oriented workers. Highly secure, the t5520 and t5525 offer configurable
user environments to limit access to settings and parameters. These clients
share the simple, easy-to-secure HP Connection Administrator interface, ICA and
RDP connectivity, and the smartcard options of the t5125, but also offer
customers additional applications and expanded options support, making them
ideal for mainstream business use.
The HP Compaq t5520 Thin Client with Microsoft Windows CE 5.0 features the
latest Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0 for CE, Media Player 9.0 for CE, and
terminal emulations. It also delivers performance at a great price with an
800-MHz Via processor, generous 64 MB flash memory for drivers and
applications, and 128 MB system memory. The t5520 includes four USB ports for
plug-and-play support, serial, PS/2 and parallel ports.
The HP Compaq t5525 Thin Client with Linux provides customers freedom and
flexibility with open, industry standards. The t5525 is packed with performance
and features, including an 800-MHz Via processor, generous 256 MB flash memory
for ample storage for drivers and applications, and 128 MB systems memory. It
also includes the FireFox browser with Sun Java and Adobe Acrobat reader,
support for X Terminal with XDM, legacy support for parallel, serial and PS/2
connections along with four USB 2.0 ports.
Pricing and availability
The new thin clients are expected to be available mid-June 2005 at the
following prices(2):
HP Compaq t5125 Thin Client         US$239.
HP Compaq t5520 Thin Client         US$289.
HP Compaq t5525 Thin Client         US$319.
About HP
HP is a technology solutions provider to consumers, businesses and institutions
globally. The company?s offerings span IT infrastructure, global services,
business and home computing, and imaging and printing. For the four fiscal
quarters ended April 30, 2005, HP revenue totaled $83.3 billion. More
information about HP (NYSE, Nasdaq: HPQ) is available at www.hp.com.