[THIN] Re: HELP PLEASE - Utility for Reboots

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 14:54:45 -0500

shutdown.exe

:)

-----Original Message-----
From: Murphy, Brian [mailto:bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]
Sent: Thursday, November 21, 2002 2:21 PM
To: 'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'
Subject: [THIN] Re: HELP PLEASE - Utility for Reboots

What utility do you guys recommend to make sure everyone is logged off =
the
server prior to your scheduled reboots.  I have to admit we have been =
doing
this manually.

I'm aware of a utility named shutdownplus:
<http://hqextsrvsft01.citrix.com/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe/,/?Session=3D5529550,=
U=3D1,S
T=3D285,N=3D0006,K=3D22236,SXI=3D8,Case=3Dobj(13253)>

But was wondering if anyone is familiar with a freeware utility?

By the way...kudos
"While Citrix and Terminal Server are relatively stable, it is well =
known
that installing software on a Citrix/Terminal server causes memory =
leaks,
and when multiplied across a multi-user operating system such as a
Citrix/Terminal server, the problem is compounded. The only way to =
remedy
this situation is to do a scheduled restart of the terminal/Citrix =
server."

Thanks.
Murphy