[THIN] Re: HELP PLEASE - Utility for Reboots

  • From: "Murphy, Brian" <bmurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2002 13:20:59 -0600

What utility do you guys recommend to make sure everyone is logged off the
server prior to your scheduled reboots.  I have to admit we have been doing
this manually.

I'm aware of a utility named shutdownplus:
<http://hqextsrvsft01.citrix.com/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe/,/?Session=5529550,U=1,S
T=285,N=0006,K=22236,SXI=8,Case=obj(13253)>

But was wondering if anyone is familiar with a freeware utility?

By the way...kudos
"While Citrix and Terminal Server are relatively stable, it is well known
that installing software on a Citrix/Terminal server causes memory leaks,
and when multiplied across a multi-user operating system such as a
Citrix/Terminal server, the problem is compounded. The only way to remedy
this situation is to do a scheduled restart of the terminal/Citrix server."

Thanks.
Murphy