[THIN] Re: Group Policy and Desktops

  • From: "Jeff Durbin" <techlists@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 3 Jun 2004 13:16:32 +1200

  Not necessarily true. If there were no group policy in place, then
potentially the users could have been configured manually, be using a
mandatory profile, or had their profile created from a template.
  However, he says that the Sales users are getting policy by virtue of
being part of the Sales OU (their user object, presumably). If the users are
receiving folder redirection settings from a group policy associated with
the Sales OU, then you'd probably find them this way:

- Right click the OU and choose properties
- Click the Group Policy tab
- Highlight the group policy in question and click Edit
- Browse to User Configuration, Windows Settings, Folder Redirection
- Right click Desktop and choose Properties

  If you want to look at the actual registry location, it's at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders\Desktop.

JD