[THIN] Re: Gator and Hotbar

  • From: George Yobst <george2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 13:30:54 -0700

I use Spybot - Search & Destroy from Panicware (free!) on my office and
home PC.  It's great for getting rid of this garbage! I don't know how
it works on a TS environment.
http://www.panicware.com/downloads/PanicwareSpywareRemover.exe
Help file:
http://spybot.eon.net.au/index.php?lang=en&page=knowledgebase/getstarted

George

Greg Reese wrote:
> This crap keeps making it onto my servers and it is starting to annoy =
> me.  I figured after we made some examples of people for doing it that =
> it would drop off some but I was wrong.
>
> I have left the directories in place and marked then no access but I =
> still find the reg keys littered everywhere and some of it is going into =
> the users home drives making it trickier to get at.
>
> I am trying to get some other ideas to stop this from getting in to =
> begin with.  Is there a way to set Internet Explorer to never ever =
> prompt a user to install a plug in or active x control?  Or a policy or =
> something.  What are the rest of you doing to stop this junk?
>
> Greg

George Yobst, Library Technology Analyst        phone: 503.723.4890
Library Information Network of Clackamas County   fax: 503.794.8238
16239 SE McLoughlin Blvd, Suite 208         web: http://www.lincc.lib.or.us
Oak Grove, OR 97267-4654                  email: george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
"...it is impossible for anyone to begin to learn
  what he thinks he already knows."  - Epictetus