[THIN] Re: GPOs

  • From: "Philip Walley" <philip.walley@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 16:15:10 -0500

That is a similar answer to what I just got from a neoware engineer.
That several pieces of group policy don't work because of this.

Philip Walley
Sr. Network Engineer
Consultrix Technologies
Memphis, TN.

Consultrix Help Desk: (601) 956-8909
Memphis Office: (901) 383-1300
Memphis Fax: (901) 383-1375

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Steve Raffensberger
Posted At: Thursday, June 10, 2004 2:14 PM
Posted To: The thin mailing list
Conversation: [THIN] Re: GPOs

How consistent is this across the farm? I don't believe it's related to
the client.

If it's not consistent, maybe you have some servers local group policy
set for loopback. I believe this will override the user's domain GPO.

A good diagnostic tool is "gpresult" from the resource kit. Log in as
the user, verify that the GPO didn't work, and run gpresult with the
volume turned up full blast.

HTH,

Raff