[THIN] IDX LastWord

  • From: "Chris Fraser" <chrisfraser@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Jun 2004 15:59:57 -0700

Hi there all,

Anyone have experience deploying this application under Metaframe/Terminal
Services?

Its basically a terminal emulator running as a 16-bit app (ugh!) that is
used to access various health care information systems.

I've been able to use TAME to get the processor utilization down to a
reasonable level.

The main issue I am having is that the ntvdm will not exit when the
application is closed so the user's session remains connected to the server.
Subsequent attempts to launch the app fail or produce no feedback at all.

I've been mucking around with tryint to get it to launch from a script but
haven't come up with a solution yet.

Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping
you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single
biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper
to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.
SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID7