[THIN] Free application - XALocLaunch using the Citrix Mobility SDK - I can launch windows apps based on my mobile device GPS location!!!

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2013 21:00:56 +1000

Hi All

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd is proud to release another free
application using the Citrix Mobility
Pack for XenApp 6.5 and above.

XALocLaunch is a mobile device enabled utility that can be used to launch

windows applications or scripts based on the GPS co-ordinates of the end-user

mobile device. This single utility, delivered as a published application or

included in a logon script, provides the ability to use one application to

launch any application running centrally through a Citrix XenApp 6.5 or higher

server, based on the GPS co-ordinates of a local device with location services

enabled.

The case may arise where a salesperson who travels globally, may need to access

sales records for a particular state or country. Each state or country has their

own database and application stored within the same Citrix Server, and normally

a separate published application is required to deliver each location specific

application to the end user, resulting in multiple icons on the Citrix Receiver.

This can become confusing and frustrating.

With this utility, as the salesperson moves through each state or country, they

have one application delivered through the Citrix receiver on their mobile

device. This application, XALocLaunch, can determine the location that the

salesperson is currently in, and launch the appropriate application from the
Citrix

XenApp/ XenDesktop Server. This utility can also be used to launch scripts to
map

drives for example, or even be included within a script to select printers or

similar.

XALocLaunch works together with a config.csv file in the same directory where

XALocLaunch is installed and executed. The config.csv file contains the

information of the location from where a specific application can launch from,

and of course details regarding the application executable are also stored

in this file. The location comparison between the GPS co-ordinates of the

user mobile device and that stored in the config.csv file are measured by

standard latitude and longitude in decimal format.

A tolerance or variance based on the location can also be included to

ensure that applications can be launched based on a region around a centrally

defined point. This variance is defined in Minutes, therefore allowing an

application to be launched within 10 minutes, for example around a central

set of GPs co-ordinates.

An example of the config.csv file is included in the FREE downloadable file from

http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

Config.csv format example:

;The format of this file should be one record per line, with each field
seperated by

;a comma, with a Carriage Return to finalise the line. Semi-colons at the
beginning

;of the line for comments.

;

;The first record found that matches the GPS co-ordinates of the device, will
launch

;the associated application. No other records will be processed after that.

;

;for example

;field1, field2, field3, field 4

;latitude, longitude, Tolerance (in minutes), path to application

;

;Real data to be used

;

40.68,-74.00,60,C:\Windows\System32\notepad.exe

-27.516759,153.044689,30,d:\APPS\Microsoft Office\Office14\winword.exe
\\10.11.78.64
\test_env_data\Precedents\General\Memo.docx

50.11,23.30,90,C:\Windows\System32\regedt32.exe

-27.516759,153.044689,30,d:\apps\WinRAR\winrar.exe

27.00,133.00,90,C:\Program Files\Windows NT\Accessories\wordpad.exe

-27.6167,153.1333,10,C:\windows\system32\mspaint.exe

Usage:

XALocLaunch [/V] [/?]

/V Show verbose output to command line - for debugging purposes

/? This help information.

XALocLaunch requires that the config.csv file is install in the same directory

as XALocLaunch otherwise the program will error out.

Requirements:

VC++ 2010 sp1 runtime is required for this program to operate

You must install the Citrix Mobility Pack as detailed at:

http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/xenapp65-mobility-pack/ps-mobility-pack-install.html

You must enable the following citrix policy in the Citrix user policy settings:

- Allow applications to use the physical location of the client device setting,

more information can be found at:

http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/xenapp65-admin/ps-ref-policies-client-sensors.html

The end user will be required to ALLOW the use of the location sensor on the
device

as the application launches. Failure to allow will close the program.

The end user device mush have location services enabled.

As always this application is free to download from http://www.ctrl-alt-
del.com.au/CAD_XALocLaunch.htm , along with our 50+ other freeware applications
at http://www.ctrl-
alt-del.com.au/CAD_TSUtils.htm

The source code for this application is also available free.

You must install the Citrix Mobility Pack as detailed at
http://support.citrix.com/proddocs/topic/xenapp65-
mobility-pack/ps-mobility-pack-install.html

This utility is FREEWARE and was written by Warren Simondson of Ctrl-Alt-Del IT
Consultancy, Australia.

www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

This program and the code may not be reproduced for profit.

SDK's used in this program:

Citrix MOBILITY SDK - http://community.citrix.com/display/xa/Download+SDKS

IN NO EVENT WILL CTRL-ALT-DEL IT CONSULTANCY BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY GENERAL,
SPECIAL,
INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THIS
PRODUCT.

--

Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd