[THIN] Re: Filter WI 5.4 on Description

  • From: James Scanlon <scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Thin <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 May 2012 21:27:15 +1000

Has anyone had any success with filtering Apps for aggregated farms on WI 5.4??

From: scanjam@xxxxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Filter WI 5.4 on Description
Date: Fri, 18 May 2012 23:42:39 +1000

Any had any success with Filtering Apps based on description for WI 5.4?

Ive followed -
http://blogs.citrix.com/2011/07/06/hiding-applications-on-web-interface-xenapp-and-services-sites/

And had no success - even tried the suggestions in the comments.

When changing the files the site completely error's out...

We are tryign to combine old 5.0 farm with our new 6.5 farm but the new farm
will ONLY run our core desktop apps (which of course exist on the old
environment) hence the duplication

We would like to end up with a WI site that shows Tier1 Apps from the new 6.5
farm, no Tier1 apps from the old 5.0 (filtered by description), and all other
apps (i.e tier2 apps)

Is there a better way to do it??

SCANJAM