[THIN] Explorer hanging for all users on server when printing.

  • From: "Rota, Brian" <brota@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2006 09:19:49 -0400

Hello

I have a client who has recently been having some explorer windows
hanging.

I think I have it narrowed down to when there are over 15 people on the
server and someone try's to print a larger file explorer and application
become unresponsive for 15-45 seconds for almost all users.

Spoolss.exe spikes up to maybe 50% for the time.

This happens on either of the 2 servers in the environment.

They are currently running Win2k sp4 , MPS XPE sp3. Hardware in HP
server with Dual 3.6 and 4 Gigs of ram

They have some of the Windows post sp4 patches installed.

I am going to suggest they consider the upgrade to PS 4.0 or at least
Sp4 for XPE and the few post SP hot fixes.

Has anyone else seen a similar issue?

Thank You

Brian Rota,