[THIN] Re: Error 1335

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:30:09 -0600

We had to do a lot of work to get 11.0 tested, approved, and hosted with our
developers and customer.  Up to this point, they were providing the v9
client for download by users.

The biggest problem we run into is most users we support are getting
switched to Vista and don't have admin rights to their machine.  The v11.0
tested out ok in this situation and installed to the user profile and the
user was in business.  We have not tested out v11.2 yet to make sure that it
will still install and work without admin rights.

That is our biggest goal.  Minimal fuss getting the client going when
running Vista with no admin rights.  For the most part 11.0 is working out
great.  It is just a handful we see with the 1335 error causing us problems.