[THIN] Re: Dumb Question.... again... 2003 Terminal Server License server

  • From: "David Teague" <DavidT@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 Jun 2005 08:47:44 -0400

That's nice,

  However my Terminal servers are generally the servers most likely to
crash and burn in my environment, I would rather not have to re-enter
all my license information if that server does crash and burn, my DC's
are more stable because they do not get anything loaded on them and they
are just domain controllers, however I had a older server with some nice
hardware sitting around so it is my Citrix/TS license server.

So now back to my original question how to I get the management console
to point to the new license server?

David Teague

Support Analyst

TMTsoftware

919-493-4700

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On

Behalf

Of Landin, Mark

Sent: Monday, June 06, 2005 12:14 PM

To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

License

server

> If you mean a DC ,2003 TS licenses no longer have to be on a

> DC. As a matter of fact it is recommended you use one of your TS.

I've not seen that recommendation before. Who's recommendation is that,

and why is that configuration "better"?

This Weeks Sponsor: ThinPrint GmbH

and certificate management.

http://www.thinprint.com