[THIN] Database License Corruption

  • From: Tim_Walsh@xxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:59:01 -0400

Has anyone seen this before..Kinda long, please bear with me

MFXPe, FR3 DC's, FR2 servers, Win2K, SP3 patched.

This morning, the CMC showed that all the servers were unlicensed, and that
there was a feature release/license mismatch.  The product license was gone,
but the connection and FR licenses were there.  Long and short of it is that
no users (approx 2500) could not log on.  We run a master db, and replicate
it to 4 others around the country.  The corruption got replicated to the 4
other servers causing me much grief this morning.

We ended up pulling a SQL backup of the DB from last week (no changes were
made since) and everything came up fine.  My associate installed new drives
for the DB since it grew, and there were issues with replication and other
crap that took until late Monday to fix. Users were not affected Monday.

While I could possibly attribute the corruption to the weekend's activities,
our lab DB is screwed as well.  It is on separate servers and there is no
communication between the lab Db server and the production one.  It has the
same error code (2c1/80000024) that the production one did, and there is no
product license installed.

Has anyone seen this?  Citrix says the DB was corrupt and to restore from
backup.  That worked, but does not explain what may have occurred.  i'm
going to get them back on the line, but I was hoping someone ran into this
as well.

Thx

tw

http://www.go-eol.com