[THIN] Re: Load Balancing across Zones

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:39:24 -0500

Well going across zones will have basically require that ZDCs keep
updating each other on load levels (which they are doing anyway) the
real trick becomes (at times) the ICA traffic going from one site to
another. If you have to do this and have the ICA traffic covered as it
is, there is really not much you can do to optimize it or make it
"better"

A couple of hundred users isn't too bad (assuming the links are fine and
you have the bandwidth). The ZDCs should handle the cross zone stuff ok.

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP, Windows Server

RapidApp, Chicago