[THIN] Re: DSMaint enquiry - moving datastore

  • From: Angela Smith <angela_smith9@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 May 2011 20:28:54 +1000

Hi Joe

The Database name is the
same and the same credentials are being used.  Its simply a server name change.
 Can I simply update the MF20.dsn file with
the new SQL Server name??  I thought DSMAINT performed other things that
was required??  Would the following work:

1) Stop IMA Service
2) Update MF20.dsn with new SQL Server Name
3) Start IMA

Thanks
Ang
From: joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: DSMaint enquiry - moving datastore
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 20:00:59 -0700

If you are doing it all once the order really doesn’t matter.  In addition to
the DSMAINT RECREATELHC I would also add DSMAINT RECREATERADE Other than that,
DB migrations are pretty easy.  If the new DB Server using the same  DB Name,
Account and Password then you can cheat a little bit by modifying the active
.DSN and registry entry and bypass the DSMAINT config command. Joe From:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
Angela Smith
Sent: Friday, May 06, 2011 5:26 PM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] DSMaint enquiry - moving datastore Hi

Im moving the SQL 2005 Datastore from one SQL Server to another.  Is there a
specific order in changing Windows 2003 XenApp 4.5 servers to a new SQL Server?

I was looking at running the following command

First Server - Zone Data Collector
dsmaint config /user:domain\Domain /pwd:Password /dsn:"C:\Admin\MF20.dsn"
Stop the IMA Service and recreate the Local Host Cache by running Dsmaint
recreatelhc
Verify the new settings by checking the following registry setting:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\IMA\DataSourceName
Repeat Steps on all other XenApp Servers

I have a ZDC in our DR Site.  Do both ZDC's need to be done first?  Can I
simply do the ZDC in the Primary site then all other XenApp Servers in Primary
site then do ZDC in DR site followed by other DR XenApp servers? Does the order
really matter?

Thanks
Angela