[THIN] Re: DNS client settings through GPOs not applying

  • From: Steve Snyder <kwajalein@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jun 2009 08:39:07 +1200

No reboot necessary, simply supply a text file listing of the computers

Const ForReading = 1
Set objFile =
objFSO.OpenTextFile("C:\list_of_computers.txt<file://smdckb90102/RestrictedApps$/Visio2007pro.txt>",
ForReading)
Dim arrFileLines()
i = 0
Do Until objFile.AtEndOfStream
  ReDim Preserve arrFileLines(i)
  arrFileLines(i) = objFile.ReadLine
  i = i + 1
Loop
objFile.Close

 On Error Resume Next

For Each strLine in arrFileLines

   Set objWMIService = GetObject("winmgmts:" _
       & "{impersonationLevel=impersonate}!\\" & strLine & "\root\cimv2")

   Set colNetCards = objWMIService.ExecQuery _
       ("Select * From Win32_NetworkAdapterConfiguration Where IPEnabled =
True")

   For Each objNetCard in colNetCards
       arrDNSServers = Array("192.168.1.100", "192.168.1.200")
       objNetCard.SetDNSServerSearchOrder(arrDNSServers)
   Next

Next